4.29.2011

Royal Blush



Everyone is gushing about the Royal wedding of Kate and William, so figured we should join in the dialog as well. I don't have a ton to say other than that the entire wedding was flawless. Oh, and that I could DIE over Sarah Burton's gown design. I love that Kate chose to honor McQueen in her designer choice. He was an icon and in spite of his premature death, clearly his relevance as a designer, but also as a brand continues.



Just to recap for those of you who haven't gotten the full story, the english and french chantilly lace on the gown was made of hand cut flowers, the ivory satin jacquard train was nine feet long and the dress had 58 buttons along the backside. Oh, and lest I forget to mention that her "something blue" was sewn right into the gown. It's a dream dress, a modern twist on the classic formal gown. I can't wait to see all the new wedding collections inspired by this dress, but I have to say, Kate looked absolutely stunning.



And to think, all this out of a college romance. Maybe we should all go back to school. Sigh...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...